I need a new purse.
I am tired of mine.
I enjoy sewing.
I have made purses.
I can make my own.
Someday maybe...Then one day I found this book One Yard Wonders. (Search this site to see creations made from this book.)
Then I decided I like the Folklore Bag pattern in the book.
Then I decided I needed to make a purse for ME...
Then I cleaned the kitchen, mopped the house, loaded the car and took the boys to Wal-Mart.
**Side Note** Did you know Wal-Mart is closing their fabric department? (Most new Wal-Mart's don't have this section anymore) They are closing out all fabric and each yard is 25% off!
Troy shopped for the necessary items while I meandered to the fabric department. I fell in love with multiple fabrics but my heart skipped a beat when I saw this:
$4.44 a yard is a killer deal, compared to the larger fabric stores. Then you throw in 25% off and get it for $3.33 a yard! WHAT?? I knew it was mine to have. Troy saw it and said "Why not buy the whole bolt?" So I did- I struck up a deal with the lady in fabric. I proposed to buy the whole bolt all 6.75 yards for $16.50, that's $2.44 a yard. She agreed! Its always fun to barter and win.
Sunday was spent relaxing and cutting out fabric. I have all the fabric cut and ironed. I am adding more pockets to the pattern than called for and will also add an applique on the front to spice it up a bit. Stay tuned for the final product!






0 comments:
Post a Comment