Monday, May 17, 2010

Engagement Pillow & Diaper Changing Pad

My cousin Elizabeth is getting married!  Congratulations Elizabeth!  She will be marrying quite a smart and fun individual named Greg!  They are holding their nuptuials in Atlanta on 7/17/10.  Which just happens to be my 30th Birthday!  Needless to say, I won't be making the trip to GA that weekend, because Troy and I have been making plans to knock this birthday out of the park!  I decided I wanted to be able to give Elizabeth her present in person, rather than sending an informal gift off of a registry and have them ship it to her.  I found some gorgeous fabric at JoAnn's and my mind started working. 

Elizabeth received this pillow:
I appliqued the letters and the heart to the floral fabric, you can also see some of the detailing on the top of the pillow that was added as well.  This picture is taken at Elizabeth's home where she was able to incorporate the pillow into her decor.  I hit her colors for this chair spot on!  I haven't even seen the chair before. Great minds think alike!
My cousin Daniel and his wife Mariette are expecting a baby girl in early September! I too wanted to make a nice gift for her as well.  I made her a diaper changing pad from a pattern I purchased off of etsy.com. 
I didn't take a picture of it all rolled out since I had already wrapped it up and placed the bow on it before I pulled out the camera.  However, the bottom layer is pink terry cloth, and the top layer is clear vinyl.  She should be able to tuck it away in her diaper bag as well as toss it in the washer when it needs a good cleaning.

Both ladies were excited about their gifts and I am so happy I could gift them to them.  Congratulations on your new adventures in life girls!

0 comments:

Post a Comment