Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sarah's Baby Shower for Wesley James

My sister, Sarah, is expecting her first child in October.  Shortly after the beginning of her second trimester she had a sonogram that revealed a little boy was growing in her womb.  Sarah and Josh have decided to name their first born son, Wesley James Wiggins.  When I found out Sarah was expecting I was super excited to know that I got to hold a shower to celebrate the arrival of her first baby!  My sister has been my biggest support system in raising my boys (aside from their father of course!).  She was Trever & Tyler's first baby sitter and has done a wonderful job of being my go to girl.  You know the kind of person you can call in the middle of the night and would drop everything she was doing to help you.  She nursed my children to health several times when I needed to work.  She was there for every tear and oh my gosh's.  All the look at what he's doing and can you believe he said that's.  She has been a wonderful sister and friend.  And in some ways I really wanted my shower to be my big Thank You to her for all she has done. 

Sarah's nursery colors are tan, chocolate brown and light blue. I decided I would continue the color scheme over to her shower. My Mother In Law Connie Williams volunteered to assemble and put up the clothes line for the shower.  It came out beautifully!!!  I love how it turned out!  It added so much to the decor of the shower.
A mutual friend of Sarah & myself, Sandra Felty helped me with all of the decorations.  This is one of the centerpieces we did.  Its a clear pail filled with rocks and the letter W.  I love how the balloons pulled this centerpiece together.

Our second centerpiece was the infamous diaper cake with our twist on it.  I had ordered extras of the placematts and cut out the corner pictures then added them to the ribbon on the cake.


Here are some shots of the food spread.  My Mom, Josh's Mom, Nicole, Nathalie, Kori, Brittany and so many more contributed so much to this shower.  I most certainly couldn't have done it with out each and everyone of them.  Thank you Ladies!!!!  I know Sarah appreciates your hard work as well.
Sarah Stevenson Wiggins- soon to be mama of Wesley James Wiggins
Congratulations Sarah & Josh!  We look forward to meeting Wesley and giving him the same love and attention that you have shown our children.  There is nothing in this world better than the love of family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment