Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fourth of July, 2010

We had an amazing 4th of July this year!  It was filled with lots of things to do, but yet felt like a refreshing and relaxing weekend as well.

Saturday morning the boys and I spent the day cleaning house, while Troy worked a half day at Buttontree.  We packed up the boys and took them to spend the night with their Meme & Papa, while Troy and I attended the Daytona Coke 400.
 I was really excited to attend this race because I haven't been to a night race before.  Actually, I hadn't been to any race except for the Daytona 500 this past February, and part of that race was in the evening because of the delays due to the hole in the asphalt.  Either way we were excited to go!

This was the view from our seats of pit road. The guy stood up as soon as I took the picture! But I think its a great representation of the gathering of people and excitement at the race.
Our favorite driver, Jimmy Johnson #48, wrecked out in the final laps. This was disappointing, however, two of his team mates, Jeff Gordon #24 & Dale Earnhardt Jr #88, finished in the top 4. So we'll take the wins for the team! I really enjoyed spending the day with Troy and learning more about his new found love for NASCAR.
On Sunday we slept in until well past 10:30. We were tired. We didn't make it back to the house until close to 3 am. And let me tell you that is not a time of day I see much anymore unless I am caring for a sick child! We met our Troy's family for their first of the month family gathering and had a good time eating and fellowshiping with the family. That evening we met up with some good friends for fireworks and fun! We spent the evening catching up on what has happened since we have seen each other last and doting over how big all of our boys had gotten. Tyler got to sit on this motorcylce and was over the moon about it!
Monday, after much decision making, we decided to head out to the beach. We spent 2 hours playing in the waves and sand at Hannah Park and then headed to Meme's to take a dip in her pool! We rounded off the evening with ribs, asparagus & home fries. YUMMY! It was a perfect weekend filled with fun, family and friends.

I am so thankful for the freedom that has been given to us by the United States military and pray that each one of them was able to reflect and take time to know we appreciate them for all of their sacrifices.

0 comments:

Post a Comment