Thursday, June 3, 2010

Folklore Bag is DONE

I finished MY Folklore bag over the memorial day weekend!


I appliqued my initial on the bag to give it some personalization.


I added the pockets and magnetic closure the pattern called for you to add.

I tried out some pockets with elastic at the top to hold in the little items.  These weren't called for in the pattern, I just wanted to experiment with something new.


Overall the bag came out great!  I love the size and weight of it!  However, if I were to make the bag again there are some improvements to the bag I would make.

#1- The bag calls for interfacing only on the outer of the bag not the lining.  I should have made added it to the lining as well it would have made it a bit sturdier.  And on that note I should have also added the interfacing to the straps.
#2- I will pay attention better when I shop for interfacing.  Apparently I didn't purchase heat bonding interfacing and it doesn't seem to to the trick as well as the heat bonding interfacing.  This kind was a bit tricky to work with.
#3 The directions were somewhat incomplete, and perhaps that is because I am a novice at this I misread some directions.  But when I make it again, I won't have to seam rip a couple times and try again. Since I know the full construction of the bag!


The Girl Creative

0 comments:

Post a Comment