Well I had more than enough fabric left over after recovering it. I loved the paisley print but hadn't really incorporated that much into the house. I had toiled over making pillows or adding inserts to the curtians for the sliding doors. We were prepping the house to have family over for dinner and watching the Masters on Saturday when I was in desperate need of a table cloth. We purchased the table inexpensively hoping to replace it in the future once we settled into the house. The children have done crafts on the table and found out that if you write hard enough with a pencil on paper you can leave a press in the soft pine. :( Needless to say I started digging around for a table cloth to match the house colors and found my scrap fabric from the bench. It fit perfectly! I threw it on the table as a scrap that night and immediately went to work finishing off the edges with an old table cloth to give it weight and bring the green from the walls onto the table.
Close up shot on the table
Straight On Angle
Side View (Please don't look at the hand prints on the walls, I promise we are clean-- boys will be boys- Troy repainted the dining room over Christmas!)
My sewing is moving up from ametuer to looking like I sort of know what I am doing. But this peice was off the cuff no pattern no directions, nothing. Came out pretty good condsidering those things!




0 comments:
Post a Comment