Its been a while since I posted lyrics. I love this song. AMAZING!! It is so true on so many levels. I may not hear the song the way it was intended when it was written but it really speaks to me.
The song seems somewhat somber in the lyrics that say "I know this is our home but I still feel alone" Don't leave me chasing dreams, don't forget about us" I process the lyrics to say, do not to get hung up in our daily lives working hard trying to build our dreams for our family that we lose sight of today. I process the lyrics to say we are willing to fight to keep our marriage strong and our children's emotional and spiritual needs met. This song helps me to remember to stay grounded in today. No matter how independent I behave, I look to Troy to lead me, to lead our family. Which makes the first part of the lyrics so strong. The second part of the song is also very affirming in that no matter how independent we may feel our children are, especially as they grow older and depend on us less, they still need us. They are still looking to us for direction and guidance. We don't want to create a house that doesn't feel like home. We want our children to know family first! But what I really take most from the song is that, I can't depend on Troy and the children can't depend on us if we don't look to the Father to lead us. We must remember to ask God to "lead me with strong hands, stand up when I can't." "Father give me the strength to be everything I am called to be, Oh Father show me the way to lead them. Won't you lead me?"
16 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment