My maternal Grandmother, Frances Alfreda James Crowell, died on October 8th at the stroke of noon. She has had Alzheimers for 8 years and lived in memory care for 7 of those years. She had a very strong body that kept her living comfortably for quite a long time, despite the fact that she couldn't remember much of any one at all. Mid September her body began the process of shutting down and being coming subseptable to illness, etc. She battled with MRSA, had a heart attack and a stroke that left her unable to speak. She was admitted to hospice on Friday October 2nd and went to see her family and Jesus on October 8th. She was taken care of so well by Hospice. They are wonderful care givers and I couldn't say enough about the level of care the entire family received from them.

She will be missed dearly, she was a wonderful Grandmother who blessed me in so many ways. However, she now is reunited with her husband. This is what I truly believe she wanted since he passed. There is a Rascal Flatts song titled "Elsworth" which describes a grandmother with Alzheimers --one line that plays over in my head is "We started losing her when she lost him." This is very true in my case. She loved her husband so much and missed him immensely when he was gone.
.jpg)
Here they are in the 70's

Here is a picture I took of them in 1999.
They are both missed but must be enjoying their time with the Lord.
On another note Fall is here! It is in the 60's and Beautiful! I love it! We had our fall festival at the elemtary school yesterday. We have bought pumpkins and painted them. Next weekend we will get some more to carve. Trever has decided to be Darth Vader.
Tyler is a garden gnome... Now tell me this isn't cute...
I will post the trick or treat pictures once Halloween has come. Troy's birthday is next weekend and we will be traveling to Tybee Island, GA to celebrate just the two of us!! I NEED IT SO MUCH! It will be a great time and I can't wait to have his undivided attention.
Finally I will wrap this up with a picture of my handsome nephew, Braydon Charles McGehee. He turned one on October 13th. He is an independant and happy boy! Happy Birthday Little MaN!




0 comments:
Post a Comment