Sunday, September 20, 2009

P90X Day Three

Day three (yesterday) I was sore. I wasn't sure how I was going to do another work out. Yet I knew I had committed myself to the program and I want to complete it. I am VERY curious as to what results will be. Before I got started I ventured to Wal-Mart and was surprised to find that the exercise mats there were $19.99 and up. I had seen them at TJ Maxx weeks prior and don't remember them costing THAT! I left Wal-Mart and went to TJ Maxx. Sure enough they had 72' Yoga/Pilates mats for $12.99! They even have their own device that keeps them rolled up when not in use.

VIDEO OF THE DAY: Shoulders & Arms & Ab Ripper X

I understand the creator’s method when he says "muscle confusion" and "working all different groups." The choice of working Shoulders, Arms & Abs on a day when I am so sore is PERFECT. The Shoulders & Arms video was 54 minutes long. It consisted of 8 minutes of warm up and cool down. The exercises focus specifically on (surprise, surprise) Shoulders & Arms. There were very challenging movements, but you set your goal on what you can accomplish and don't push yourself too hard. Then there was the Ab Ripper X. This was a 14 minute video. OH MY GAWD! It is a crazy hard video. I set my reps to be 15 of each movement, instead of the 25 shown on the video. This too is recommended in the guide. Next time I believe I will set them to 10. I also need to check my body placement. I wasn't too sure about some of those movements! Whew! Thankfully it was a short video!

Good news though, as I write this it is morning of day four, and I woke up to being minimally sore. Today's video is yoga and the stretching sounds enticing! Looking forward to popping in the DVD in the next couple hours!

0 comments:

Post a Comment