Friday, September 18, 2009

P90X- Day One



Troy and I started the P90X work out yesterday. It is a 90 day work out program and nutrition guide to help you get your body toned! You use their DVD system for one hour per day to garner results. There are 3 exercise plans and Troy and I have chosen "lean." We do not want to compete as body builders but to look our personal best. You are to work out 6 days a week and on the 7th day you are to rest or use the one hour stretching video. I will post as I can to let you know how things are going.

DAY ONE!
Before pictures were taken, and will not be revealed until the 90 days are complete!

Video of the day was Core Synergistic. Whew! A 54 minute video and truly there was nothing left in me by minute 46. I had to sit and watch. I simply could go on no more. Their goal is to do short repetitions on multiple muscles for "muscle confusion." We did push ups, leg raises, and all sorts of other stuff! Note to self buy a work out mat. The wood floor was no fun to work out on! We also did not use resistance bands or weights yet. We have chosen to focus on getting our body positioned correctly before we incorporate those elements. This idea was suggested in the manual. I must say today, today is day two as I write this and my body is SORE! I am find it humorous that I can barely complete 20 push ups, yet Troy whips through them no problem. However when we are doing intense leg work outs he is the one that struggles and I don't even break a sweat!

1 comments:

Cale & Katie said...

You go girl! I had a friend who also did this workout...I joined in on a yoga day...holy moly I couldn't move the next day! Can't wait to hear more!
:-)
Katie

Post a Comment