Monday, June 29, 2009

Climb My Walls

I love music. When I find a song I love I listen to it over and over again. Ask my girlfriends Trin and Leah about it. They will attest to the fact that I can over kill a song. I used to tell Trin "One day when I am not around you will hear this song and always think of me." Currently my CD in the car is Lady Antebellum. It is a county trio for those of you have not heard of them. I purchased the CD because I have enjoyed their popular hits on the radio "I run to you" and "Love don't live here anymore." But in typical Joy fashion I like to listen to the whole CD and find my favorite song that I don't want them to release on the radio. I know it sounds silly but I have always been like this with albums. I enjoy music that isn't over played by the mainstream stations. The song that I have granted to be my favorite song on this CD is "Can't take my eyes off you." It is a ballad in 3/4 time and really lends itself to a beautiful waltz. If Troy and I were to have another wedding I would definitely dance to this song. We have been married 8 years this past May. Honestly, he is just as wonderful today as he was 9 years ago when we got engaged. 9 years later there is still that feeling I felt when we feel in love. I still love to watch him from across the room. There is a line in the song that says "you climb my walls." At first when I heard it I thought, what??? you climb my walls??? But after further analyzing of it, it's a cute interpretation for that blanketing feeling of love. The love that covers you and makes you feel warm inside. So with out further ado, here are the lyrics to the song that is on repeat in my car at the moment.

Can't Take My Eyes Off You :
Dave Haywood / Charles Kelley / Hillary Scott

I know that the bridges that I’ve burned
Along the way
Have left me with these walls and these scars
That won’t go away
And opening up has always been the hardest thing
Until you came

Chorus
So lay here beside me just hold me and don’t let go
This feelin’ I’m feelin’ is somethin’ I’ve never known
And I just can’t take my eyes off you
And I just can’t take my eyes off you

I love when you tell me that I’m pretty
When I just wake up
And I love how you tease me when I’m moody
But it’s never too much
I’m falling fast but the truth is I’m not scared at all
You climbed my walls

Repeat Chorus

Off you
Off you

Repeat Chorus

0 comments:

Post a Comment