Sunday, June 28, 2009

Summer and Camping

Its that time of year that I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I love Summer! I enjoy the heat, the time spent with friends and family gathering around some type water (or watering hole if you must) and relaxing. We have enjoyed many days at Mimi's pool and have even had the chance to venture out to the beach multiple times. I really helps me unwind from the busy schedule the school year always comes with. I also love how it gets dark LATE! Its a bummer with boys trying to get them to go to sleep before the sun goes down, but you learn to work around it.

This past weekend we went with some friends of ours camping at Little Talbot Island State Park. We have camped here previously, but not with the Garibaldi family. Our site was located close to the boat ramp leading into Myrtle Creek. The boys were so excited to get there! Here they are getting ready to unload from the van!

Tyler was so excited to go camping! We had told him we were going to go camping as soon as he woke from his afternoon nap. He had only been asleep about 40 minutes when he shot out of the bed and ran across the house. He found me and said "Did I miss camping?" I had to assure him that he did not sleep through camping! He really enjoys being outside and getting to explore.



Trever was really looking forward to sharing his camping experience with Kanon. Kanon is Trever's new friend. He has really enjoyed spending time with him on Monday's this summer. (Kanon's mother and I work together on Mondays and have brought along our children while they are out of school.) Kanon is 8, he is a well behaved boy who has really been a good influence for Trever. It is really nice to see him watching older children and taking cues on modeling good behavior. We speak with him often about making good choices and having manners, however there is so much power in seeing first hand in children that you enjoy being with. Kanon can be around anytime he would like! Here is a picture of the boys together.
Troy always says I over pack and bring way too much stuff when we camp, or travel anywhere for that matter. But inevitably I always forget something. Typically that something forgotten was an important item, one that seems necessary to getting the job done. One time I left the first aid kit and then the boys desperately needed itch relief cream. Another time I brought the broom but not the dust pan. After each camping trip there is always an item that gets added to the list of things not to forget! This camping trip was no exception. We forgot the spatula and of course we brought burgers! So how do you suppose we flipped those burgers?











Your daggum right! That is what you think it is...a puddy knife! We are some smart thinking rednecks aren't we!! All it took was a man's work truck and ingenuitive thinking and we were saved from having to leave the state park and drive somewhere between 10-20 miles to finding the local Walmart!


I am looking forward to the summers when we can camp for extended lengths of time. Tyler is not old enough to have more than one night away from the house when sleeping outside. Eventually I would like to invest in a pop up and explore all the state parks in Florida and explore the coast in the Carolina's. It should prove to be a great time. However, I don't look to fast forward to those days. I am so thrilled with where we are today. I love watching my boys grow each day. I truly savor watching their eyes as they connect the dots in their brain. I enjoy those moments of pure innocent laughter. I am happy here in today.


Thank you to the Garibaldi family for coming along with us on our camping adventure this weekend! We had a fabulous time!

1 comments:

Ashley said...

I enjoyed your post! I went camping (although, usually in a motorhome) a lot with my grandparents when I was young and it made for great memories! Oh, and I love how you made the pictures larger!!

Post a Comment