Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy New Year

Getting back in to the new year has been BUSY!  We have been getting back on schedule, getting organized and they boys & I made their new sticker charts too!
This week has been very easy around the house with these charts.  I request that we get our teeth brushed before we leave for school and if I am met with any resistance I simply tell them they won't receive their sticker.  The promptly run to the bathroom and brush their teeth.  Its been a great way to dissolve fights as well, reminding them they are expected to have happy behavior to earn stickers as well.  Lets just hope that I can stay committed to the chart because often I start them and then am the first to stop using them a couple weeks in to the process.  :( Oh well this is a new year!!

My new years resolution is to have more daily reflection on the blessings I have been given.  I am at a place in my life where I would like to press pause, go on cruise control, I don't want the children to get bigger, I don't want any life changing catastrophe's, I want to absorb all of my wonderful life while I am living it.  I need to remember we are making the "good ole days" right now.  I am going to work hard at living for the day not living for what needs to be done tomorrow.

Look at these faces, would you want to press fast forward on them??? I don't in anyway, I want to cherish where we are right now. I love the family we have created so much! Thank you Troy for everything.

Happy New Years to Everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment