Thursday, May 28, 2009

Book Character Day


Today was Book Character Day at Trever's school, Ft. Caroline Elementary. I was able to arrange my schedule to make it for the parade! Each child got to dress as their favorite book character and then they paraded through the school halls to show off their costumes to their schoolmates. The kids really enjoyed getting an opportunity to dress up and go to school. This was a great opportunity to get the students to be excited about finding costumes and bringing their book characters to life.


Here are the characters that you will see in my collage:


Trever was "Lieutenant Luke" from "Lieutenant Luke Goes to Iraq" by Mrs. Kennedy

Madyson (my niece) was "Pinkalicious" from "Pinkalicious" by Victoria Kann

Colson was "Officer Buckle" from "Officer Buckle and Gloria" by Peggy Rathmann

Ashley was "Camilla Cream" from "A Bad Case of the Stripes" by David Shannon

Lauren was "Despereaux" from "Tale of Despereaux" by Candlewick Press

Jaron was "Dash" from "The Incredibles" by RH Disney

Mrs. Shannonhouse was "Wishy Washy Woman" from the children's song "Wishy Washy Woman"


It was a fun time had by all the participants. Trever wrote a brief and drew a picture about his book character today in class. I will take pictures soon and post. I plan to have them laminated so that we can send them to Lucas while he is serving in Iraq. I will post pictures of the final product soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment